Introduction - By Alex

Yo! 


I'm Alex, 19 years old from East London and I ride for Sick Bikes




I've been riding mountain bikes for about five years now, I started with XC racing but quickly discovered on the internet that there were cooler things going on if I pointed myself down gnarlier shit.


This led me to enter my first Enduro, the 2015 EWS in Innerleithen on my Rockhopper Hardtail... 


If only I knew what I was about to get myself involved with


It was a bloodbath.


After that, I started riding proper bikes and realised that big travel with slack angles is where the fun is at. 
Pedalling uphill sucks no matter what type of bike you're riding, so you might as well make the most of the descents. 

In 2016 I raced three EWS races; La Thuile, Valberg, and Finale Ligure, all varying in levels of savagery and enjoyment. 


Valberg, 2016

For 2017 I decided I would tackle some EWS races on a hardtail, because why the hell not? 






I first came across Sick Bikes when uplifting in Madeira. The Pinkbike article caught my eye and I was interested to know more about this so called "girls bike" being spoken about in the comments.



After some emails with Tim and Jordan, and a phone call, they asked if I'd like to be a part of the team' I jumped at the chance not least because it's the only company making a bike big enough that I'll actually want to ride. 
It's also because I've grown tired of seeing the conservative action of the big players in the game; Sick have finally brought a big pair of steel (or maybe even titanium) balls to the table. 
Let's see how it goes down.



I took Tim's personal OG Prototype Gnarcissist out to Millau for the EWS, what an experience that was, but more on that later...





There's big plans for the team, and where it's going. I'm training very hard to get the results we deserve. 




I'll be posting here about riding, racing, and anything else that springs to mind as often as I can. 


Stay tuned sports fans!

Comments

Post a Comment